A-Bomb and ...

Eating contests and Eating challenges around Kona & Denver



Pizza time!


This is a challenge that Beau Jo's has. Beau Jo's is a Colorado institution! There are 5 or so in the Denver area and a couple more located in mountain towns.

We go to check it out. Plan is to come the first time to check it out and get a feel for it and the ingredients. We're not in challenge mode this time.


The pie is about 18" across and 4" high. It looks good! Lots of meat - good ground beef, sausage, and some pepperoni


Comparing a 'normal' sized Beau Jo's slice to the monster


Getting there


Michael, he's all-smiles


Here's me getting to the end of a slice

We'll be back...

Labels:

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This pizza is a KILLER! I had one piece of this pie and thought I was going to DIE! Well, I'd also had 3 beers...but still. Go for it, SB...I know you and Michael "Hollow Leg" (my wonderful husband) can do it!!!

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

A meagre 2.5 slices and I was stuffed to near capacity... how sad! Took a full day to purge the pipes... whee. Must train for the next encounter.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home