A-Bomb and ...

Eating contests and Eating challenges around Kona & Denver



6 Saltines. 1 Minute.

Today at work me and a couple of guys were sitting around. Cale says "hey, I betcha can't eat 6 saltine crackers in one minute!". 6 saltines?!? One minute?!? C'mon! He says: "Yeah, but without water. No drinking. No dunking". So a run to Target later, we have a box of saltines.

Evidently this kind of thing is all over the internet. From mikeindustries.com: In a nutshell, one must ingest 6 Saltine crackers in 60 seconds without the help of water or any other digestive lubricants. The crackers must also be of the salted variety. Seems quite easy... that's what I thought. It is all over YouTube as well. Now there's more... (I'm warning you now that the video is not too titillating)

#1 - Kirk, Cale, me.

Times:
Me 1:22
Cale 1:36
Kirk 1:44

Failed. Then I get the bright idea to try again...

1:48. Slower than before? Miserable. My spit glands were still dry from before. Yeah, that's it.

A little later in the day Cale & I try again...



Cale 1:03. Me 1:07. I guess we were done f-in around. We were close. We're going to try again tomorrow.

1 Comments:

Blogger Dave S. said...

It's definitely possible. Can't remember if I've done it successfully (tried many times). There's tons of different strategies too.

HAve you heard of the Wonderbread Challenge? It sounds even simpler than saltines. TWO slices of plain white bread in TWO minutes. Laugh now, sucka...it ain't easy. I've seen some big talkers who couldn't do ONE slice in TWO minutes. (Although after some trial and error I was able to do both in 1:37.)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home