A-Bomb and ...

Eating contests and Eating challenges around Kona & Denver



Nathan's Video Uploads

I have uploaded some videos from the replay of the 2007 broadcast. The replay is from the same-day 9pm MDT replay by which time the reversal was already edited out. But the commentary is not edited so Rich and Paul talk about it but you see some shot that doesn't quite fit. Kobayashi's in-mouth "mini-reversal" at about the 00:41 mark is still there. I guess since nothing spewed out.

1. The rules of the contest.

2. Interview of Pat Bertoletti before the eating. I just like what he says.

3. Interview of Joey before the eating. This blows my mind. Not because of what he says, but because it's on the stage like under a minute before the contest begins. Joey seems as calm as ever and it seems like just another day. Ho hum .. I'm just gonna eat some dogs .. oh yeah, there are 30,000 people here screaming and a couple million watching but whatever .. I'm taking back that belt .. there's Kobayashi... Focus, confidence, I don't know but it's amazing really. I think the ESPN interviewer is a douchebag, alright "buddy"?

4. Introduction of the Eaters. Beautiful Brian has the longer other version of the introductions. To those who don't know, the introductions are done twice: the first time for the crowd - these are longer, a bit more embellished, and done before the introductions shown on ESPN.

5. The 12-minute contest. I had set the timer to tape the live broadcast, but the time on the VCR was a little off so the recording stop with about 2 minutes left in the contest. Thankfully it was replayed at 9pm that same day. Cool, right? When the time hit 00:01 I was ready, but.. wha?!? Where'd the money shot go?!? That was lame.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home