A-Bomb and ...

Eating contests and Eating challenges around Kona & Denver



Boneyard


Damn! 1658?!? That's one cool thing about the East Coast - all the history. Well there is a lot of history here, too, just not as much European-white-man-recorded history.

So anyway I'm driving back to New Hampshire after the Costa Vida burritos and just outside of Portland I hit Scarborough. 1658! There's gotta be one:

Usually T-bone and I wander the cemetery-du-jour together trying to find the oldest grave but she's not here. But the town was incorporated in 1658 so this has gotta be good! So I go looking.

Many are from the mid or early 1800s. Some from the late 1700s. That's good, but not the payoff I was expecting. But on the way back:

Sucks for Charles!

3 Comments:

Blogger Wild Bill said...

All in how you look at it... I'd say he's got serious wood! :-)

 
Blogger Dave S. said...

That's awesome. I'll be heading up to Portland later this weekend for a little October camping.

 
Blogger A-Bomb said...

It sure was nice there, D! Look out for the lyme disease.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home