A-Bomb and ...

Eating contests and Eating challenges around Kona & Denver



The Best of What's Around

Anthony's Pizza and Pasta.



I ordered the large neopolitan. No toppings other than the standard cheese and grease. The menu lists the large at 18", but this BEHEMOTH was 22.75", cut into 8 pieces.



Strategizing.



The fun begins.



On the 3rd piece.





Below, starting #4 which is the end of the first 1/2.



So the first half went down in just under 10 minutes. Within each piece the crust was quite variable. There was maybe a 4 or 5 inch bull's-eye in the center of the pie where the bottom crust was soft and malleable. The greasy goodness had formed this circle. That was easy eating as far as chewing. Beyond that circle and continuing towards the outside crust of each piece, the crust was crunchy and not as easy and fast to chew. I expected that to be the consistency of the outside crust but not the outer 5 inches of each piece. But I continued...



Here is a shot of T's hand against a piece which gives you some scale. Her hands are not the biggest, but each piece is over 11 inches long.



Here, getting toward the end.





Here's the last shot. The last 1/2 piece you see? Yeah, that did not go down. I did not want anything to come up. I was nearing that precipice.



In retrospect I am still glad that I left the 1/2 piece. I cannot say I ate the whole large but that is OK since I did not want to finish the whole thing feeling the way I felt. I will leave that for another day.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are one pitiful eater

 

Post a Comment

<< Home