A-Bomb and ...

Eating contests and Eating challenges around Kona & Denver



Good Good Time

With thoughts of the UEPa meeting taking place this same day, we head to Cheeburger Cheeburger for dinner. This place has the biggest burger in the area that I know of*. The patty is 20 ounces (pre-cooked weight). I did not bring the scale so I don't know with certainty what the finished product weighs - meat, bun, toppings - but their menu calls it the Pounder so we'll go with that. One pound.

Eat it and get your photo on their wall. So I had that in mind - eat one, have a malt or a shake, get on their wall, and leave.


The olive on top is a big olive not a normal puny one so the burger is a little more impressive than the photo shows.


It looks good!


Another shot of it.


Toppings were onion, onion rings and fries.

So I began. Cooked to the medium rare. The beef was really quite good, the bun was sort of french bread consistency and lightly buttered.


One down. Team TAM wanted more! Do another! Well, yeah, but 10 bucks...

So the waitress comes over. "Anything else? Maybe an ice cream shake?" "Another..."



So another on the way. I had to wait a good 15 or 20 minutes for the 2nd to arrive, but it does..






Dig in.


This one is not cooked as deliciously as the first. It's just before well-done.






I have to finish that beef chunk that fell off..


Almost done.

Finishing up.


A final swish to get it all.


After you finish they make you hold this stuffed burger. They announce to the other patrons in the restaurant.



This Cheeburger Cheeburger has only been open for a month or so. There are 15 or twenty photos on the wall of people who've eaten the Pounder. But no one up to this had eaten two. Woohoo! Not a huge feat, but being first is always nice. We'll see happens.

* - if anybody knows of bigger burgers around Denver, let me know! Also, the only eating challenge I know of in this area is at Beau Jo's. Know of some others?

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Andrew - congratulations on your accomplishment. Which Denver area Cheeburger Cheeburger did you go to? There is a second one on the other side of Denver (doesn't matter which one you went to - they're on the East and West sides of Denver). Sorry we didn't get to talk much at the Fry Bread competition. I went to the Chandler, AZ Cheeburger Cheeburger after that contest (first choice was Heart Attack Grill, but they were closed), and got my picture on the wall. Didn''t eat two of them, though. I'm attempting to get to all of them, and following the Posole contest in New Mexico on the 18th, I'm flying back through Denver. Probably won't have time to grab a burger, though. Congratulations again!

 
Blogger A-Bomb said...

Bill - I went to the new one in Lone Tree. The other one is in Parker; it's actually only 10 or so miles away. I find it odd that they would open another one so close to the other one. Your attempting to get to all and get on the wall in each is quite a good idea! I might steal that idea!

 
Blogger Dave S. said...

That's awesome! I love the giant stuffed burger. I'd run out the door with it and they'd never see me again. Actually, I wouldn't because I wouldn't want to be barred from my local one-pound burger joint (mine is Fuddruckers).

So since you ate two pounders, did you get two pictures on the wall?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home