A-Bomb and ...

Eating contests and Eating challenges around Kona & Denver



BH&VI

We went down to the Big House this weekend. I had three things to do. Two out of three isn't bad.

First up: clearing the branches. On one side it's all trees between us and the neighbors (side note: the neighbor lady is a nurse at the state hospital in Pueblo, who went to ... PCC-Fremont, coincidentally T is in the same program! Plus, the lady two doors down from the neighbor also is just finishing the same program! Odds of that?). Anyway, the branches. Here's a before & after.

And from the back. Before, branches and leaves on the roof and actually on the power feed lines. After, now off the roof and off the lines:

#1, check.

Next up: the front door. In the before you can see how crappy it looks. It's old, with that lovely glass pattern. And around the frame is the hardware for a screen door - but no door. Found the door in the workshop. Went to put it on, and it was obvious then why the screen door was taken off - where the hinges attach to the door, yeah the screw holes are about twice as wide as the screws (which were still on the frame on the front door). But I found a way, and the screen door works better than I ever thought it would:

#2, check.

Number 3 was to be the insulation in the attic but the attic access in the ceiling is in the bathroom. That's not a problem, but the access is probably 9"x12". I could fit through, but no chance of a roll of insulation going through. So we'll get some insulation blown in. That's still a high priority item before the winter, but the ceiling is suspended below the actual ceiling so there is some insulating effect there. So no #3.

On the way back on Sunday we went to Village Inn. If you don't know about the pancake promotion, read it here. The first order is nice - 3 good-sized pancakes.


Here is what you better be aware of: any "reorders" you want are their 4" size. And only *2* of them per reorder. Luckily the guy was game and allowed me to get 4 at once:

These are of a perfect size for my mother-in-law. And since she is a senior on a fixed income this promotion at Village Inn is not only delicious but affordable too. After she puts the premium unleaded in her red Audi S4 she can putter over to Village Inn and enjoy some tasty pancakes.

Labels: ,

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I find you to be an extremely arrogant individual.Your house looks like it needs major renovation. By the way are you gay? Never see you with a woman

 
Blogger A-Bomb said...

Yes, henry, I am an extremely arrogant individual. Everything is me me me. Yeah, thanks Bob Vila. No, I am not gay but are you asking me out? Not that there's anything wrong with that. Stop beating around the bush and search my blog for "friendfinder". It's an online dating site where you can find your "man seeking man" or whatever it is that floats your boat.

 
Blogger Dave S. said...

Yeah, Henry definitely isn't one of your biggest fans. Not sure what lead him to the "gay" comment. Maybe the combination of the Crocs and all those hot dogs in the earlier entry confused him.

(jk about the Crocs. Heather wants me to get a pair, but I'm not budging.)

 
Blogger A-Bomb said...

Dave, once you go Crocs you never go back. Or something. Henry, you know what I mean!! (wink wink nudge nudge).

Seriously though, they are the most comfortable shoes. And they don't smell no matter what kind of feet you stick in them. I guess Henry thinks the orange Crocs look gay but you can start with the un-gay blue or black or brown.

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This Henry Jones guy is totally after your skinny ass. Watch your back! Plus, I don't see why he would say you are arrogant - I mean, what should YOUR blog be about??? HIM??? What an asshole.

...and crocs RULE! Buy some MM - SB and I both have stock and it's going up, up and away!!! Buy more crocs - PLEASE! We want to retire :)

Shammie

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh!! SB, are you really GAY? I had NO idea. That's crazy, since I have been married to you since 1996.

Thank goodness that Henry Jones is here to bring this to my attention.

Love...your wife,
T-scone

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

T-Scone - WHAT? You are married to SB, too??? What about our only-in-Canada-legally-binding-marriage? Was that just a SHAM???

Love...your wife,
Shammalamma

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey; I read in your article that you are going to be doing the barf-o-rama pie in Oregon. I signed up for that one, but haven't heard back with confirmation yet. Have you? Wanted to make sure I didn't miss the email or something.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home