A-Bomb and ...

Eating contests and Eating challenges around Kona & Denver



I LOVE THE POLICE


Today on my walk to the light rail to the office (maybe 1/2 mile) something magical happened. Usually I'm the one.

At one spot there are four lanes of traffic to cross. In the mornings I cross at the crosswalk since there is some traffic in the mornings. Here in Colorado it is state law to stop for peds in the crosswalk. I don't care if they stop or not unless I am right in their path.

So this morning I start across. A car in lane 1 approaches and stops. A motorcycle cop in lane 2 stops. Lane 3, car approaches and stops. But in Lane 4 a car doesn't even slow down, just zooms through. I'm in the middle of lane 2. The cop and I both look at the car in 4. Then we turn and look at each other. I nod, with a little shoulder shrug. He nods back. If there's a God in Heaven I don't know, but I do know the next thing I saw was the cop speeding off toward the scofflaw.

From there I didn't see anything that happened. I did see the cop pull Red Celica over but I thought maybe he/she would get a warning or something like that. That's the last I thought of it.

Until I go into the kitchen at work ten minutes later. Get a cup. Pour in milk. Look out the window. THERE'S THE COP WITH RED CELICA! I watch for 5 minutes. 5 more. Cop has his flip book thingy out. He's writing. He hands something to Red Celica.

Wish I knew what he handed Red. And why it took 10 minutes. Cool, huh? I'm usually getting put down by the man. Not this morning!

2 Comments:

Blogger Dave S. said...

Why is that cop in that little picture thinking about Cheerios?

 
Blogger A-Bomb said...

You have not heard about the cops 'n' cheerios connection?!?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home