A-Bomb and ...

Eating contests and Eating challenges around Kona & Denver



Wedges & Wings

I just watched the Spike ChowDown: Wedges & Wings. This broadcast was soooo much better than the St. Patrick's Day broadcast which I think wasn't good at all. I'm not one who should say anything about anyone's technique, but wasn't Dr. Shib taking some freaky long pulls from the cups? George and Hardy in the hats. I think the hats look OK at events held at fairs and such, but on TV the hats didn't do it for me. But overall I think it was a solid show that could build interest if anyone not already involved in competitive eating was watching.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

We were dying watching Juris gulping away. And then someone said he was drinking soda? He must have put away a couple liters there!

 
Blogger Dave S. said...

Yeah, that was weird. Not as weird as George Shea's maniacal introductions. Like the straw hats, that sort of stuff is fun in person, but it just looks silly on TV.

Don't get me wrong, I think you have to have some tongue-in-cheek, over-the-topness as an emcee, but he just goes too far sometimes.

Sorry Liz, I know he's your boy.

 
Blogger A-Bomb said...

Hoping I'm not in conflict with my other thought..I think his maniacicity on TV was OK with the hat. If he didn't have the hat on then he would have appeared way over-the-top.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home