A-Bomb and ...

Eating contests and Eating challenges around Kona & Denver



2 and 0 in 2009!


Last night were rounds 1 and 2 of the prelims for Team Uncle Nasty of Wing Bowl X. The semi finals will be held in the atrium of the Pepsi Center before the NLL Colorado Mammoth game on January 24th. The finals will be on the floor during halftime of the game.

Buffalo Wild Wings was the venue last night. A few tables were pushed together, the 10 contestants were called up, the wings were brought out, weighed, and we were off. I think Stork and I were the only ones standing - everybody else was seated. A couple more eaters stood up as time went on. The round was 5 minutes. I got through the first tray (30-some wings) in a little over 2 minutes. My second tray was brought out right on time. But it was HOT, like right out of the fryer HOT. Had to hit the bottle a lot to get these down.

After the weighing, the top 3 in round 1 were Nascar Mike with 22 1/2 ounces, Big Sexy with 23 ounces, and me with 25 1/2 ounces. Last year the top 2 of each round qualified for the semi finals, but this year the top 10 of all the rounds qualify. So my 25.5 probably would be enough to qualify but I could surely do better!

So on to round 2! We're called up like before and I scored my lucky crack again. Same thing as before: tray 1 finished, and on to the just-as-in-round-1 HOT tray 2. At the end, Beaver did 29 ounces, and I tied for 1st with 34 ounces. Nice improvement from round 1. I'll be back next Saturday to hopefully improve on the 34.

A full set of pictures is here.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Dave S. said...

Damn good job bro. Keep me posted.

 
Blogger A-Bomb said...

Welcome back, D!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home