A-Bomb and ...

Eating contests and Eating challenges around Kona & Denver



Pat's King of Steaks - Part I

Is right here -
Pat's Philly Cheesesteaks

Sure the building could use a new coat of paint and maybe some refacing, but if that means messing with the food then do not do it!

I had a buy-one-get-one-free coupon, so I did the only sensible thing: get two for lunch. Wit(h)out a doubt I was getting a prov wit. 2nd: Whiz wit? I decide to try one of the specials. HAL 9000 says go with the South Florida Cuban.

First up: prov wit

Pat's was a winner of Westword's Best of Denver (Hi Liz!). And it's very easy to taste why. As the paper said:

"A perfect combination of shredded, flat-grilled beef gummed together with melted cheese and an easy dose of fried onions, all mounded up inside a soft, chewy bun..."

Delicious. Just delicious.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Mega Munch said...

I like the #1 in the sign. Just so you know that they are the undisputed best.

 
Blogger Skinnyboy said...

damn right, why do these guys in Philadelphia think they know anything about philly cheesesteaks.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home