A-Bomb and ...

Eating contests and Eating challenges around Kona & Denver



Pat's King of Steaks - Part I

Is right here -
Pat's Philly Cheesesteaks

Sure the building could use a new coat of paint and maybe some refacing, but if that means messing with the food then do not do it!

I had a buy-one-get-one-free coupon, so I did the only sensible thing: get two for lunch. Wit(h)out a doubt I was getting a prov wit. 2nd: Whiz wit? I decide to try one of the specials. HAL 9000 says go with the South Florida Cuban.

First up: prov wit

Pat's was a winner of Westword's Best of Denver (Hi Liz!). And it's very easy to taste why. As the paper said:

"A perfect combination of shredded, flat-grilled beef gummed together with melted cheese and an easy dose of fried onions, all mounded up inside a soft, chewy bun..."

Delicious. Just delicious.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Dave S. said...

I like the #1 in the sign. Just so you know that they are the undisputed best.

 
Blogger A-Bomb said...

damn right, why do these guys in Philadelphia think they know anything about philly cheesesteaks.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home