A-Bomb and ...

Eating contests and Eating challenges around Kona & Denver



CBCAOK

St. Patrick's day at Olde Tyme = corned beef & cabbage throwdown.

5 pound trays. It was good. One of the bartenders made it. The brisket was perfect - not tough, not too tender, just right. This was absolutely the tastiest competition food I've eaten. Krystal's were number 1, but this totally beats Krystal's, no question about it.

Below you can see that my mouth was pretty full. I didn't do too well on the no-chipmunking I wanted to do. I did clear a few times - which is progress - but the mouth was stuffed more than it was not.

Jill talked two guys at the bar in to being in the mix. At one point while talking them in to it Jill said "look at him, he's so skinny...". Stork channeled Crazy Legs, what with the gloves. He was on to something here, as my hands smelled corned-beefy-and-cabbagy for a while after.

Below, with her back to the camera is our chef for the evening, Chef Kat.

The two guys did well, staying in the whole time and eating quite a bit.

Toward the end Stork was trying to drink the broth. That was a really smart strategy that I copied. But it didn't do too much for me since my chipmunking mouth was quite full.

In the end it was close. It could have gone either way since we both had a mixture of meat and cabbage and carrots and broth. After Jill weighed our trays, Stork had put down 2 pounds 10 ounces. I had put down 3 pounds 4 ounces.

I got off to a great start. The cabbage slid down easily, and the other vegetables were pretty soft. The meat had to be gnawed and chewed. I had a good rhythm going - cabbage, cabbage, meat, meat, cabbage, cabbage, meat, meat.... I have to give our chef an assist, big time, on the win. The utter deliciousness of this meal was beyond my wildest expectations.

Slide show of more pictures.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The way you and Stork are "sippin' the juice," it's like drinking the milk out of the bowl when you've finished your cereal....

Hey...there's an idea! Corned Beef and Cabbage Toasties!! Call up Quaker right now!! Mmmmm, tasty!!!!

 
Blogger A-Bomb said...

Maybe the Pop Tarts people would be in to this.. they have been coming out with many new flavors.. this would be YUM-O!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home