A-Bomb and ...

Eating contests and Eating challenges around Kona & Denver



Hot Dog Eating Contest

On Saturday evening the contest was Hot Dogs at Olde Tyme Drafts & Dawgs in Englewood. But no one showed. I did, but nobody else. Even though there were a few RSVPs. Fuckers. Screw those people who joined the Meetup group but did not participate.

Since no one showed for the contest, I decided to try the "eat 20 hot dogs in two hours" so the patrons would have some entertainment.


Someone going for the 8/1hr or 20/2hrs gets this flag to put on their table. The 8/1 are chili dogs, while the 20/2 are just hot dog and bun.

The EMTs were there for the contest. No contest happened, but they decided to hang around and watch me eat the 20 in 2 hours.


I began a little after 7pm.

I was hungry and focused. I was not eating fast because I knew the time would not be a problem like it was for the big steak. After 10 1/2 down, this drunk girl saunters over.

I let my guard down and I let her shit got to me. I wasn't drinking, but she was definitely a buzzkill. Just take a look at these videos to see what I mean...

I have uploaded the videos to YouTube and I will post the links later. You gotta see these!

But even with her crap and me losing focus, I got through 4 more. And then:

Not too voluminous, and not too chunky - maybe only half a dog and some bunnage.

But it was enough.

My try at 20 in 2 hours was over. Why didn't I just pause when the drunk girl started bothering me? It's not like I had to worry about the time. I puked with well over an hour to go, so if I had paused and resumed when she either left or passed out I would have been golden. Damn.



I'll be back. I think this will be harder to finish than the big steak but it definitely can be done.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL at Miss Drunkey. Where does one even go to have EMTs show up, anyway? Do you just call up the local fire station or something and ask?

 
Blogger A-Bomb said...

Yeah Kevin, the bar arranges for them to come down. You are correct, all you need to do is call the local fire station and make a "donation" to have them around for an hour or whatever length of time.

Dave, you too are correct. It was awesome...

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You should have puked on the drunk chick! Try it again skinny.

 
Blogger A-Bomb said...

No doubt about it US MALE, I was way too nice to her...

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ya know - I never thought I would call a woman a "C Bag" but who does that booze hound think she is. I for one am sorry I wasnt there to put the smack down on that hosebag! I wont let you know again Skinny...Guapo Rabonowitz

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry Skinny, I meant to say I wont let you down again - See im already wacked out and misspelling due to that red wing dingbat. Anyway - I was busy at Jim and Nicks with mama G , not that I wouldnt have been at old tymes but lets be real! Ribs are Ribs!! um tangy bbq sauce. anyway - I told Tbone that I owe you guys a sunday breakfast buffet at pappa d's sometime next month. welcome to my world. kubutz be with you my brother. G Rab!

 
Blogger A-Bomb said...

Guaps - indeed ribs ARE ribs.. no piggie for you there? Oh yeah, you have said:

"I DONT DINE ON NO SWINE BUT I DO DRINK THAT KOSHER WINE"

 

Post a Comment

<< Home