A-Bomb and ...

Eating contests and Eating challenges around Kona & Denver



Wing King Challenge


Today it was up to Boulder to do the Wing King Challenge at the West End Tavern. 50 wings in 30 minutes. They began this challenge a month or so ago and 3 guys had completed it out of 10 or 12 that have attempted it. Make that 4.


They bring out a pail of wings. Not too big, not too small. And the wings were steaming just-out-of-the-oil hot. Coach had a great idea right away: take a lot of the wings out of the pail to cool, and keep doing that every now and then. There was a lot of sauce on the wings; not hot, not mild, somewhere in between.



I got out of the gate very well. Flying through the wings, I was about halfway complete in 8 or 10 minutes. Then I began collecting in my cheeks. So much so that I got all the meat off the bone in 29 minutes and took a few minutes to clear the stored meat. But the time stops when the last bone is cleared of meat.


The staff at West End was great. They were totally into it, and they got a kick out of how messily I ate. Big ups to Alyssa and Cotton Balls. The rules say I have to wait 12 months before doing it again but hopefully we can work something out so I can shave some time off my time.



In:

Out:


Check out a full gallery and more comments here.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Anonymous Mega Munch said...

100 percent awesomeness.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home