A-Bomb and ...

Eating contests and Eating challenges around Kona & Denver



Think Back...


Eaters who have been in the IFOCE for a few years will remember the absolute best emcee ever - Michael Castellano. At a grilled cheese contest in NM in 2005 he used a really funny line toward me, I'll never forget it:

"he had a 28 inch waist before, now he has a 34 inch waist."

He used that line at each contest he emceed with me in it. CLASSIC! Other IFOCE emcees tried it, but their timing was way off - they would say it before the eating even began. Mike was always super nice to me, and I was so sad to see him go.

But he reached out to me lately, and he is doing well. Michael and some friends open a restaurant in Key West: Blackfin Bistro. Check it out, and if you're ever in Key West, get thee there.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Andrew, You are right about Michael. He was one of the best. I do miss him.

Russ K

 

Post a Comment

<< Home